Placement at RCOE
The placement cell at RCOE guides the students to choose the right career and provides input to give knowledge, skill, aptitude and meet the manpower requirements of the institutions. It also focuses on equipping the students with relevant and conceptualized professional skills and guide the team towards a bright future and career. The placement cell organizes a career guidance program for all the students from III Semester. The cell arranges training programs like mock interviews, group discussions, communication and soft skills workshop etc. It also invites HR Managers from different institutions to conduct training programs for final year students.
Function of placements cell
- Registration Of Candidates
- Allocation of Physical facilities
- Updation of records
- Improve interaction
- Communication with reputed institutions
- To assist students to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group sessions
- Maintaining and regularly updating the database of students. Maintaining a database of companies and establishing strategic links for campus recruitments.
- Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements.
- Coordinating with companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
- Arranging periodic meetings with the Human Resources Department of companies and TPO’s to promote recruitments.
- To assist students for industrial training at the end of the fourth and sixth semester.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- To act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community.
- To assist students in obtaining placement in reputed companies.
- Highlighting articles on departmental notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career Opportunities.
- Inform students about the available job opportunities in government sectors and off campus drives.
- Arranging Motivational Talks.
- Conducting Psychometric Test.
- Conducting Expectation Management Workshops.
- Conducting Personality Development Programs
- Conducting Skill Imbibing Programs
Training & Development:
Keeping in view the institution requirements, the training curriculum is designed for preparing the students for entry-level .
- Personality Development
- Communication Skills & Vocabulary
- Resume Preparation & Email Writing
- Group Discussion
- Interview Skills
- Aptitude Training & Practice Tests
The industry is always on the lookout for students who are vibrant, energetic individuals and ready to accept challenges, attentive, a good academic background, fast learners, open to learning even at work and more importantly, good communication skills. This activity focuses on personality development to make the students reliable, with a positive attitude and right decision making.
- Guiding for preparation.
- Arranging mock Interviews.
- Conducting weekly Aptitude tests
- Communicating with Alumni for available openings.
- Communicating with industry for campus interviews.
- The role of the Training and Placement Cell is of a facilitator and councilor for placement related activities. Training and Placement cell do not guarantee a job.
- The placement facility is available to all the students registered with Training & Placement Cell through ONE JOB TO ONE STUDENT.
- It is mandatory for the students to attend aptitude and other training (Resume Writing/Email Writing/GD/PI/ PSD Training) failing to which students will not be allowed to participate in any Training & Placement Activity.
- College uniform is mandatory for students to be present in the Campus Recruitment Program, failing which students will not be allowed to appear for campus interview.
- Students must keep their Identity Card with them at the time of PPT/Test/Group Discussion/ Interviews, and produce the same when demanded by the visiting team or their representatives.
- Any breach of these rules shall lead to the student getting debarred from the placement process.
- During the Campus Recruitment Programme, a student who opts for the written test should mandatorily appear for the GD/PI also, failing which he/she will be debarred from the Campus Recruitment Programme for all other subsequent companies. Students should have a positive approach towards placement drives.
- Those students, who do not wish to participate in any recruitment process, must inform the T&P office in advance, so as to give opportunity to the other students.
- If market situation and Job scenario necessitates a revision in the Placement Policy, it will be done in a manner so as to maximize the benefit to the student community as a whole.