Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The establishment of an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college. The role of IQAC in maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning, and evaluation becomes crucial
Every Institute (HEI) should have IQAC, as a quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process.
The prime task of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
The work of IQAC is the first step towards the internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement initiatives. Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation it can inculcate in all constituents of the institution.
It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or a record-keeping exercise in the institution.
Benefits of Our Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education.
- Enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- For better internal communication.
IQAC Objectives: Fostering Excellence in Academic and Administrative Performance
The primary aim of IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent, and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC Strategies: Advancing Performance, Quality, and Access in Education
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for
- Ensuring timely, efficient, and progressive performance of academic, administrative, and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance, and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Empowering Excellence: Functions of Our IQAC
The IQAC is a significant administrative body in any educational institution. It contributes to maintaining quality standards in teaching, learning, and evaluation. It promotes co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the college. It is a capable body to administer various academic/educational activities. The IQAC and its coordinator require more autonomy (e.g., academic, financial, and administrative) for better performance. The IQAC has a greater role and responsibility in maintaining quality standards in the whole process of teaching, learning, and evaluation.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents, and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes, and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programs/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.